Welcome To GSP Website
NEWS / ANNOUNCEMENTS
Dear GSP members,
Your By-Laws Committee composed of Jun Angeles (chair), Marivic Olivar, Abet Morillo and myself have crafted an amended GSP By-Laws. Discussions and drafting started since March 2017.
Besides your Board of Directors, this proposal has also been vetted by email and in a special meeting held last September 8, 2017 to selected Members including past Directors and Past Presidents.
As endorsed in a resolution by your Board of Director in the board meeting held last September 28, 2017, we are submitting this proposed amended By-Laws for your ratification during the GEOCON 2017 on December 13-14, 2017.
Once the amended By-Laws is ratified, this will be submitted to the Security Exchange Commission (SEC) for approval in 2018 and the implementation of the new By-Laws will begin in 2019.
The rationale for the proposed amendments are:
- (1) to change the current short term GSP’s vision and performance to medium to long term by changing the term of the directors (or Trustees in the proposal) from 1 to 3 years,
- (2) to simplify our Member Types by removing the non-used ones, i.e. Fellow and Senior Member categories, and
- (3) strengthen the Ethics & Publication Committees by making them Standing Committees, i.e., mandated by the By-Laws.
- Besides these, the proposed amended By-Laws will be gender neutral, the term “Director” changed to “Trustee” as mandated by the Corporation Code, and almost all if not all typos/grammatical errors have been corrected.
In the GSP website, there are 4 documents posted for your review and comment:
- (1) Current By-Laws (click to download),
- (2) Proposed Amended By-Laws (click to download),
- (3) Table of Proposed Amendments (click to download),
- (4) Highlights of the Proposed Amendments (click to download).
In Item 2, the black underlined texts are changes ratified in Dec. 2004; and the red underlined texts are changes to be ratified at GEOCON 2017
Enquiries by any GSP Member will be entertained until November 30, 2017 c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
After 30 November 2017, no more enquiries will be entertained & a final version will be posted in the GSP website by December 6, 2017.
Ratification or rejection will be done during the GEOCON 2017 at the same time as the elections of the Directors.
Geocon 2017 will be held at Dusit Thani Hotel Makati City on December 13-14, 2017. For details, click here.